Summer 2011 Season is here and ready for you to enjoy…
Just because the Winter Ski Season is officially over, it doesn't mean that Whistler is no longer fun. If anything, my personal opinion is that Whistler in the Summer is even more fun than Whistler in the Winter.
1.Blackcomb Skiing and Snowboarding – Of course you can still ski and snowboard during the Summer. The official Summer 2011 Skiing and Snowboarding Season starts on June 18th and finishes on July 24th. The only mountain opened for skiing is Blackcomb Mountain. You can ski and snowboard the Blackcomb Glacier from 12-3pm every day, for a different deals, check the deals out on the Whistler-Blackcomb site.
2. Whistler Blackcomb Sightseeing – You can upload every day on the Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains, from 10am until 3pm. You can take the Peak to Peak Gondola between the Mountains and walk around the top of both mountains. You can spend a whole day just roaming around, taking in the sights. Being at the top is magnificent, especially on a clean sunny day, you can see the valley and the surrounding mountains for miles and miles. The fresh air, the amazing views, the people from all over the world you will meet on your way, having lunch or just a glass or wine or a mug of hot chocolate. Really worth the treck.
3. Whistler Mountain Bike Park – It's already opened, as of May 20th. With eight signature trails such as the A-Line, Crank It Up, B-Line, Heart of Darkness, Ho Chi Min, Crack Addict, Devils Club, Hornet and the Joyride Jump Park, the Bike Park is one of the most exciting Whistler Things To Do. Just remember that early-season conditions are for intermediate and above skill level, but more trails will open as the weather warms, including beginner terrain. Check in with the Whistler Mountain Bike Park for conditions and prices.
4. Tanning at Lost Lake – Just take your towel and a good book and head for Lost Lake on a warm day. You can just lay around, take it easy or make some friends. There's swimming and walking.
5. Playing Golf in Whistler – Whistler has some of the best golf courses in the World, such as the Fairmont Chateau Golf Courser or the Nicklaus North Golf Course. Golf starts in May and goes until October.
6. Watersports in Whistler – Such as kayaking, or canoeing, or just swimming at the many lakes in and around Whistler.
7. Shopping and Entertainment – Whistler may be small, but it has some of the best shopping in the World. You can find just about anything that you need, want or never knew you needed. All summer long street entertainers are strewn about the Whistler Village to amuse people of all ages.
8. Relaxing on Whistler Patios – Just sit around and enjoy a coffee or a brew at one of the many Patios around Whistler, soaking in some sun, taking in the breathtaking views or just people watching.
Come to Whistler. Have some Fun.